About IPC-CFX and Your Path to IPC-CFX Success
IPC-CFX is an industry-developed open international standard forming the foundation/backbone of Factory of the Future applications. IPC-CFX is a plug-and-play solution that simplifies and standardizes machine-to-machine communication while also facilitating machine-to-business and business-to-machine applications.
IPC-CFX is based on IPC-2591, Connected Factory Exchange (CFX), and both are managed by the IPC 2-17 Connected Factory Initiative Subcommittee. The subcommittee ensures IPC-2591 and the IPC-CFX SDK continue to meet the growing needs of industry by releasing regular version updates.
Your Path to IPC-CFX Success
Whether you are an equipment vendor, EMS/OEM company or software support provider, IPC can put you on the path to success for your IPC-CFX implementations.
The following are ways you can take steps beginning today for a successful IPC-CFX implementation.
- Buy IPC-2591 and direct your IT team to download the free SDK. Visit our Software Tools and Support section for links to the SDK and many other helpful resources for your IT team.
- View our suite of on-demand education modules for IPC-CFX implementation. Theses short videos will walk you through the basics of CFX all the way through implementations.
- Join the IPC 2-17 Subcommittee. As a member of the subcommittee, you will be able to influence the standard and will be part of a network of other IPC-CFX supporters. Use our IPC-CFX supporter form to join the subcommittee. While completing the form, be sure to consider adding your logo to the IPC-CFX Supporters page. Join the subcommittee.
- If you are an equipment vendor, once your IT team has started working with IPC-CFX on your machines, subscribe to the IPC-CFX Self-Validation System, a cloud-based testbed to ensure your equipment is broadcasting and receiving IPC-CFX messages successfully.
- Once your equipment has demonstrated successful IPC-CFX implementation, you can have your equipment listed on the IPC-CFX-2591 Qualified Products List.
- Need support along the way or following implementation? IPC Engineering Support Services is here to help. See how our team of experts can help and how to contact them.
More about IPC-CFX
Working components of IPC-CFX
- Secure connections with free, proven worldwide, omnidirectional, AMQP v1.0 Transportation Protocol
- Efficient and human-readable JSON data encoding
- Specifically-defined message structure and data content ensure plug-and-play operations
- Retrofit options for many existing machines
Benefits of IPC-CFX
- Single, comprehensive, agreed upon language and data set for all machine types
- Plug-and-play so any two IPC-CFX endpoints in a manufacturing environment can communicate
- Free development software development kit (SDK)
- Eliminate needless machine interface development costs
- Eliminates the need for middleware
- Reduces time, risk and costs for solution deployment
- Superior, consistent data quality — detail, scope and timeliness
- Supports MES, PLM, ERP and other systems resources, enhancing benefits
- Equipment vendors can optimize equipment operations based on increased knowledge from IPC-CFX data
- Machine-to-machine closed-loop data exchange
- Realistic, cost-effective, machine, line, factory and enterprise analytics
- Clear visibility of mission-critical KPIs, reports and analytics
- Automation of machines and processes under Factory of the Future initiatives and plans
- Lean materials, quality management, logistics, planning, maintenance, process and material traceability, etc.
- Enhanced business opportunity and cost savings for equipment providers and their customers
- Supports all Factory of the Future applications
- IPC-CFX can be quickly and easily expanded to meet new equipment and application needs