IPC International, Inc. is looking to hire a Senior Tech Lead, Drupal Development.
The Senior Tech Lead, Drupal Development will manage all Drupal development at IPC: 10 Drupal developers currently working on two major Drupal 8 projects and one smaller one. There is also an ongoing relationship with an outsourced Drupal Development firm. This is a player/coach position where the candidate is expected to play a hands-on role in the development process i.e., architecting, designing, estimating, coding, performing QA, etc.
This person will lead the team to transition Drupal 8 modules and custom code to Drupal 9 and ensure the team uses appropriate coding standards and best practices. They will test the quality and security of the code. They will be responsible for ensuring the team develops reusable, scalable and maintainable website solutions and delivering best in class websites. They will be providing day-to-day leadership for the Drupal Commerce, Drupal 8 CMS and Education platforms, as well as custom module development and testing the quality and security of the code.
- Architecting, designing, estimating, coding, performing QA on custom code and module implementation for Drupal 8 based software solutions following IPC’s production standards which include Agile Development Approach Methodology including Scrum processes and XP practices such as test-driven development (TDD) and paired programming.
- Performing unit and automated regression testing of development work.
- Performing maintenance programming for existing implementations.
- Documenting code and reporting on project deliverables.
- Tuning a Drupal stack: MySQL performance tuning, code profiling, web server tuning, diagnosing performance bottlenecks.
- Performing root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are occurring correctly.
- Exploring new software development technologies and techniques.
- Training the trainers on the software as well as work with the business owner to develop, breakdown, and refine the user stories.
- Tracking technical debt and refactoring the code as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related required.
- *** Must have Drupal Experience and be able to provide examples of work ***
- The candidate should have demonstrable experience with the coding of Drupal 8 based systems with exceptional programming skills, problem solving abilities, and technical team leadership experience.
- Experience with Drupal Commerce is a plus.
- *** Must have Agile Development experience and be able to demonstrate deep knowledge ***
- 2-4+ years of experience in Drupal/PHP software development for enterprise systems and applications.
- Strong knowledge of and recent experience as a team member of Agile/Scrum software development teams which will include Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with Git, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Experience responsibly working with a remote Agile scrum team.
- Skilled in effective troubleshooting.
- Strong communications skills in English, written and verbal, along with comfort interacting with users during interactive testing.
- Experience with manual and automated testing.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
IPC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits. IPC has a virtual work environment. Candidate will preferably be located near the U.S. corporate office locations: Bannockburn, IL or Atlanta, GA.
MRA – The Management Association is conducting this search on behalf of IPC International, Inc. Please send resume and cover letter to: Lyssa.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include resume and cover letter. Subject line should say: SR. DRUPAL LEAD
Since 1957, IPC has been guiding the electronics industry through dramatic changes. IPC is the only trade association that brings together all of the players in this industry: designers, board manufacturers, assembly companies, suppliers, and original equipment manufacturers. More than 3,000 companies around the world depend on IPC programs and services to further their competitive excellence and financial success. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, industry intelligence and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2 trillion global electronics industry. Offices in Bannockburn, Ill.; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta, Ga.; Miami, Fla.; Brussels, Belgium; Bangalore and New Delhi, India; Bangkok, Thailand; and Qingdao, Chengdu, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Suzhou and Beijing, China.