IPC International, Inc. is looking to hire a Director of Education Development. The Director of Education Development will oversee the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of IPC educational programs. The Director will be responsible for project managing education and training projects, managing development timelines, budgets, and resources, maintaining relationships with SMEs, enabling the success of the Education Department team, and other assignments as requested by the Senior Director.
Analysis – 20%
- Perform learner analysis to ensure that content conforms to the needs of students.
- Assist the Senior Director of Education in determining the scope, goals, requirements, design, and success metrics for new education projects.
Design and Development – 30%
- Work with subject matter experts to determine the scope of instruction and ensure the accuracy of instructional content.
- Engage subject matter experts as well as web, print, and other resources to obtain, validate, and document the information required to develop instructional content.
- Research and distill scientific and technological concepts obtained from subject matter experts and other reliable sources to create easily understandable content that aligns with stated learning objectives.
- Conceptualize and source graphics to facilitate the comprehension of written or narrated content, increase student engagement, and help students achieve learning objectives.
- Employ best practices to develop assessments to facilitate student retrieval practice, measure student learning.
Evaluation – 30%
- Review all IPC educational products and provide remedial feedback to ensure that evidenced based practices have been appropriately employed to optimize the learning experience.
- Review user feedback and formulate strategies to address issues that may negatively impact the user experience.
- Participate in the development of surveys, assessments, and evaluation methods for all education products to determine educational effectiveness, user adoption, and satisfaction.
- Analyze information on training research, new materials, methods, and techniques, and makes recommendations for their adoption by IPC.
Administration – 20%
- Enable, empower, and inspire team members to develop and perform to their full potential.
- Coach team members on appropriate application of evidence-based learning strategies, instructional design principles, and assessments.
- Work with team members to continually improve product design and delivery processes, create short- and long-term professional development goals, and identify and employ resources required to achieve their professional goals.
- Assess team member performance.
- Assist the Senior Director of Education with recruitment and management of contracts and with management of Education department budget and staff and resource allocation.
- Directly manage subject matter experts and contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the design, development, and delivery of education products, particularly eLearning and online.
- Minimum of 4 years of recent experience supervising a team of instructional designers.
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize team effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of strategy, program design, and implementation and roll-out of learning initiatives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using metrics to evaluate training programs and developing continuous improvement plans.
- Able to build strong, credible, and trustworthy relationships with team members and internal and external stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories, learning technologies, and instructional design methodologies.
- Able to establish and nurture professional relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds and learning preferences.
- Able to speak articulately and make presentations in public settings.
- Passionate about writing and developing high-quality instructional materials; Skilled in lesson and curriculum planning.
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Able to produce high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Able to receive negative feedback in a constructive manner.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), Google Docs, Skype, and GoToMeeting. Visual design skills (Storyline, Photoshop, Illustrator, Camtasia)
IPC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits. IPC has a virtual work environment; position can be located anywhere within the U.S.
MRA – The Management Association is conducting this search on behalf of IPC International, Inc. Please send resume and cover letter to: Lyssa.email@example.com. Please include resume, cover letter and work samples and subject line should say: EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Since 1957, IPC has been guiding the electronics industry through dramatic changes. IPC is the only trade association that brings together all of the players in this industry: designers, board manufacturers, assembly companies, suppliers, and original equipment manufacturers. More than 6,000 companies around the world depend on IPC programs and services to further their competitive excellence and financial success. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, market research and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2 trillion global electronics industry. Offices in Bannockburn, Ill.; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta, Ga.; Miami, Fla.; Brussels, Belgium; Bangalore and New Delhi, India; Bangkok, Thailand; and Qingdao, Chengdu, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Suzhou and Beijing, China.