IPC International, Inc. is looking to hire a Manager, Editorial Department.
The Manager, Editorial Department will lead a thriving, world-class editorial team that supports several key digital industry publications. This role is responsible for leading, managing, and coordinating activities of the editorial team in a systems-based environment. This person is to lead by following process, setting a positive example, engaging the team to set and achieve goals, implementing a continuous improvement plan, and striving to improve team skills.
Facilitate meetings, manage workflow, develop process improvement plans, team building, create reports, and maintain superior quality of content.
This role will also set the tone and direction for PCB007 Magazine. Experience with workflow logistics and process management and improvement are mandatory. Augmenting these skills with proven marketing experience is preferred.
Follow and ensure the team follows existing editorial process/workflow, strategize, manage, and publish daily, weekly, and monthly digital content related to printed circuit board fabrication. Develop content contributors and manage incoming content, write a monthly column, and plan and facilitate meetings.
- Plan topics, gather content, and manage process for PCB007 Magazine.
- Lead editorial department by managing editorial calendars, workflow deadlines, process improvement plan, team building and quality of content.
- Work closely with sales team to identify and optimize revenue opportunities.
- Write monthly column.
- Conduct audio and video interviews with topic experts.
- Make critical, data-driven decisions using sound judgment.
- Seek to increase readership through improved editorial content.
- Travel and participate in industry trade shows (up to 10%).
- Plan and facilitate team meetings.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. IPC values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career has not followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering IPC. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- At least 5 years in a management role leading a team of at least 3+ people.
- A degree or equivalent in business, systems engineering, or supply chain logistics a plus.
- Must communicate with internal and external customers, readers, and suppliers.
- Must possess strong critical thinking skills, being able to evaluate information quickly and effectively.
- Must be organized in your processes and workspaces, managing the many interrelated components of content and details.
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience leading a team and driving results.
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Build, document, dissect, manage, and improve processes.
- Develop, measure, and report key metrics.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, on a broad range of projects, and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Cultivate and thrive in a team environment; seeks and gives constructive, positive feedback.
- Analyze and assess the PCB manufacturing industry, understand the challenges, develop strategized content that will help the reader improve their business and the industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Office 365, CRM.
- Travel, approximately 10%. Hybrid/Remote work environment.
IPC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits. IPC has a virtual work environment; position will report to the Bannockburn, IL, office.
MRA – The Management Association is conducting this search on behalf of IPC International, Inc. Please send resume and cover letter to e-mail: Lyssa.email@example.com. Please include resume and cover letter. Subject line should say: MANAGER EDITORIAL DEPT
Since 1957, IPC has been guiding the electronics industry through dramatic changes. IPC is the only trade association that brings together all of the players in this industry: designers, board manufacturers, assembly companies, suppliers, and original equipment manufacturers. More than 3,200 companies around the world depend on IPC programs and services to further their competitive excellence and financial success. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, market research and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2 trillion global electronics industry. IPC maintains offices in Bannockburn, Ill.; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta, Ga.; Orlando, Fla.; Munich, Germany; Brussels, Belgium; Bangalore and New Delhi, India; Bangkok, Thailand; and Qingdao, Chengdu, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Suzhou and Beijing, China.