IPC International, Inc. is looking to hire a Network and Systems Manager. The Network and Systems Manager will contribute to the overall design, operation and support of network, data, and voice systems. Participate in the coordination and activity of the network, systems, and helpdesk staff and/or contractors responsible for the operation of local and wide area network, user systems, servers and related peripherals. Assist in maintaining secure and reliable networks by developing policy and employing both original and industry standard methods and procedures. Provide technical and administrative support for company network using Windows and Linux operating systems and a variety of application software and hardware. Assist in managing the Help Desk process and related system. Provide end user troubleshooting support. Specify, procure, install, and configure computers and peripherals.
Participate as a member of a small global infrastructure team to design, implement, support and maintain the global IPC IT/DevOps infrastructure and users. This includes:
- High availability servers physical and virtual: Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu), Windows 2012r2 / 2016 / 2019, Dell PowerEdge
- Network services including LAN, WAN, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, ADFS and SSO. Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot (physical and virtual where applicable) network switches, routers (Fortinet), wireless access points, network peripherals, and cabling.
- Systems and applications in a high available, geographically distributed AWS environment.
- Security - Ensure network and systems security by assigning appropriate permissions for application access, configuring firewall policies to restrict unauthorized access to the network and resources. Ensure all systems (servers and client PCs) are patched and up to date. Install and maintain all security devices including Firewalls (knowledge of Fortinet, FortiSIEM), Anti-virus and Anti-spam applications and appliances (Sophos, Barracuda). Utilize Group Policy to secure systems using recommended best practices.
- Security Monitoring - FortiSIEM, Sophos
- Global Environment – systems and applications behind the China firewall
- Backups - strategy, systems and applications, using best practices, configure and maintain backups for all environments and ensure that a recovery plan is in place. (Veam, Barracuda)
- Applications - installs/patches: MySQL, Apache, Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, IIS, and others as needed.
- Monitor – manage availability of enterprise systems and applications to ensure uptime and meeting internal SLA commitments. Evaluate efficiency and performance of hardware and software. Using this information, modify systems to make them more efficient. (Nagios and others)
- Documentation - Maintain configuration documentation and diagrams for all supported networks and environments, both cloud physical.
- Helpdesk – Following ITSM practices, work with staff to maintain, support and train our internal customers, their systems, networks, and applications for all sites and users. Track issues against SLAs.
- Hardware & Software Selection - Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software. Manage the upgrade and replacement cycle for all hardware.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related degree high preferred, with at least 5 years’ experience implementing and supporting enterprise level systems and networks in a distributed environment.
- CCNA, AWS (Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer), Linux+ (or similar), or 10+ years supporting these environments and Microsoft Certifications (MCSA - O365, W10, 2016).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a strong business acumen.
- Able to work with a team and independently.
- Provide high level of customer service to Internal customers.
- Build and manage relationships with vendors.
- Experienced with Windows Server 2008R2, Microsoft Office/Office 365, MS Sharepoint, Zoom, Asure AD/MFA, SYSAID Helpdesk, HYPER-V, Windows 10, FortiClient SSL-VPN Client, Veeam Backup, MS Data Protection Manager, Sophos Antivirus and Deployment Manager, Barracuda Email Security Service, WinZip, MS Volume License Management Tool, and SonicWALL Virtual Assist.
IPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits. IPC has a virtual work environment; this position will be in the office at least 3 days per week and report to the Bannockburn, IL office.
MRA – The Management Association is conducting this search on behalf of IPC. Please send resume and cover letter to: Lyssa.email@example.com. Please include resume, and cover letter. Subject line should say: NETWORK MGR
Since 1957, IPC has been guiding the electronic interconnection industry through dramatic changes. IPC is the only trade association that brings together all of the players in this industry: designers, board manufacturers, assembly companies, suppliers, and original equipment manufacturers. Nearly 3,000 companies around the world depend on IPC programs and services to further their competitive excellence and financial success. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, market research and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2 trillion global electronics industry. Offices in Bannockburn, Ill.; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta, Ga.; Miami, Fla.; Brussels, Belgium; Bangalore and New Delhi, India; Bangkok, Thailand; and Qingdao, Chengdu, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Suzhou and Beijing, China.