Critical Environmental Requirements for Electronics
Join leading environmental regulatory experts at IPC and ITI’s virtual 2021 Critical Environmental Requirements for Electronics Conference. Stay updated on the latest environmental requirements that could impact your product’s design, manufacturing, supply chain management, and technology innovation.
This virtual event will feature conversations on global environmental regulations and issues such as RoHS, TSCA, and the impacts associated with Brexit. Please join us to hear from:
- Madalina Laxton from the European Commission, Directorate-General for Environment on the latest policy developments on the EU’s RoHS Directive;
- Hermione Mackelworth from the U.K. Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) on the topic of U.K. REACH;
- Paul Tennant and Graeme Vickery from the U.K. Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) on the topic of Brexit and forthcoming regulatory changes resulting from Brexit; and
- Joel Wolf and Dave Turk from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on the topic of risk evaluations and risk management under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
This virtual format will allow you to:
- Engage with and learn directly from policy leads and industry experts who have a direct role in the development and implementation of and compliance with environmental regulations governing the electronics industry;
- Get current information on chemical and product environmental policy trends; and
- Stay ahead of global issues impacting electronics manufacturers.
This conference will provide anyone who is responsible for keeping their organization in compliance with environmental regulations the tools they need to comply with legal, regulatory, and customer requirements.
All times are posted in Eastern time zone.
Presented by: Chris Cleet and Kelly Scanlon
Vanessa Vasquez and Tiahna Jeffers
Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) in the EU
Madalina Laxton, European Commission
- The EU RoHS Directive is up for a general review. Learn about the required general review and the next steps towards a possible legislative proposal.
- A large number of RoHS exemption renewal applications are under evaluation. Learn more about the status of these applications as well as the review of the RoHS list of restricted substances.
Gold Sponsor, Takeover by Assent Compliance
Ken Seeley and Steve Andrews
Managing a Product Compliance Program
Hermione Mackelworth, DEFRA
More information coming soon.
Title: RoHS in Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Graeme Vickery, DEFRA
Changes to RoHS legal requirements since January 1, 2021, including changes to definitions and labelling applications; exemptions.
Title: RoHS: The UK Perspective (Through the Eyes of the National Regulator)
Paul Tennant, DEFRA
An overview on RoHS (UK) covering the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) and the role we play for DEFRA; patterns of noncompliance; what OPSS has identified as trends in Substances and product failures; case studies OPSS has investigated; lessons learned and new challenges.
Total Parts Plus
Joel Wolf and Dave Turk, U.S. EPA
- Become familiar about how TSCA implementation could impact the electronics sector
- Learn about providing information to EPA to inform TSCA implementation
Gold Sponsor, Takeover by Benchmark ESG | Gensuite
Stay on Top of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Opportunities
Chris Cleet, ITI and Kelly Scanlon, IPC