Economic Recovery Continues Along a Bumpy Path
Economic recovery continues along a bumpy path. In this month’s economic outlook report, IPC’s Chief Economist Shawn DuBravac offers five key observations:
1. Global demand remains strong, but we are starting to see some early signs that demand might be slowing.
2. Even with demand slowing, backorders remain high and inventories remain low which should keep manufacturers busy for the foreseeable future.
3. Stimulus, both fiscal and monetary, is waning which will be a headwind on spending.
4. Prices remain high and will move inversely to demand, but money supply is up significantly suggesting prices will likely remain elevated into next year.
5. COVID has become a sledgehammer to confidence.
In addition to observations from Shawn DuBravac, you will also find U.S. and European data on economic growth, employment, consumer sentiment, manufacturers’ sentiment (PMI), manufacturing capacity utilization and end markets for electronics.