Agenda | Taipei, Taiwan
Date: Thursday, September 2, 2021
This event has passed. Register for your free boarding pass to get access to the on-demand recording.
During the first stop on our tour, subject matter experts from the renowned Taiwan Textiles Research Institute (TTRI) will provide an interactive view into the many leading studies they are doing for the wearables market. Demonstrations will include testing from their Sports Experience Lab, including wash durability for sensors and the sweating manikin test.
On either side of these demonstrations, participants will learn about gait analysis and laundering reliability of wearables.
Opening and Introduction
15:00-15:05 Robert Jou, Vice President, TTRI
15:05-15:25 Kinesiology and Sensor-based Textiles Researches in Sports and Movement Science
Speaker: W. C. Hsu, Associate Dean of College of Applied Science, Professor of Graduate Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST), Adjunct Professor of Institute of Athletic Performance, National Taiwan Normal University.
15:35-16:05 About Taiwan Textile Research Institute (TTRI) and Virtual Laboratory Tour
Sports Experience Lab
- Human Body Composition Analysis
- Pressure Test
- Electromyology and Muscle Oscillation Measurement
- Temperature and Humidity Detection
- Cardiopulmonary Test
- Motion Analysis
- Blood Lactate Test
- Muscle Soreness Test
Presented by: Liz Wu, Vice Researcher, Department of Testing and Certifiction, Taiwan Textile Research Intitute (TTRI)
Evaluation of Smart Sportswear on Sensor Function and Durability to Wash
- The Technology of Physiological Evaluation for Smart Sportswear
- Test Procedure for Home Laundering (AATCC Test Method 135)
Presented by: Sirens Ciou, Deputy Section Chief, Department of Testing and Certification, Taiwan Textile Research Institute (TTRI)
Comfort Evaluation Lab
- Sweating Thermal Manikin (ASTM F1291, ASTM F2370, ASTM F2371, ISO 15831, EN342, EN 14058, and EN13537 for sleeping bag)
- Human Wear Trial with a Climate Chamber or in Field
- Sweating Torso (ISO 18640-1 and the upgrade software of THS- Thermo-physiological Human Simulator of ISO 18640-2)
Presented by: Li-Chu Wang, Researcher, Department of Testing and Certification, Taiwan Textile Research Institute (TTRI)
16:20-16:40 Laundering Reliability of Electrically Conductive Fabrics for E-Textile Applications
Speaker: Jeffrey Lee, Assistant Vice President, Global Engineering Development Division, iST-Integrated Service Technology