First Steps in Manufacturing Cybersecurity for Non-Security Professionals
This webinar is designed to provide non-professional cybersecurity specialists with the facts and awareness they need. No extensive knowledge of cybersecurity is required. Topics include:
• The possibility you may be the target of a cyber attack.
• Why attack countermeasures and manufacturing members of the production floor seem so far away.
• The efforts and limitations of IT engineers.
• The essence of Zero Trust Architecture.
• The role of manufacturing members on the shop floor.
• Balancing the cost of countermeasures versus profits within the manufacturing industry.
• Discussion of IPC-1792
Hiroyuki Watanabe is engaged in activities to disseminate and enlighten the future of the manufacturing industry from the perspective of security and the international economy. He's published two Japanese books and one English book to support security measures in small and medium-sized factories. He presents logical findings leading to know-how and the necessity of security measures for factories and supply chains at the Counterfeit Symposium and APEX.
Since 2018, he has been a visiting researcher at the Center for Rule Formation Strategy, Tama University. Hiroyuki Watanabe is currently the Executive Director of Global Security at NEC Corporation. In 2020, he joined the IPC Board of Directors and is a chair of IPC-1792 Cybersecurity Standard.