IPC Designer Certification Program
CID (Certified Interconnect Designer-basic) and CID+ (advanced)
CID (Certified Interconnect Designer-Basic, Required before Taking CID+) and CID+ (Advanced), are valuable technical education programs with significant benefit for PCB designers with at least 2 years of hands-on experience. Because Designer Certification builds a foundation in design decision-making and practical application of IPC standards, the program is open to all engineering staff and managers with interest in design: Sales, Purchasing, R&D, Quality, and Test.
CID and CID+ sessions include:
The Designer Certification program is offered through IPC-licensed training centers all over the world. Register for the CID or CID+ course at a training center near you.
- Independent study of course materials prior to session is expected – Allow three weeks before taking the course
- Two full days of classroom instruction led by an IPC-qualified instructor
- One Day for exam with 100+ multiple-choice questions — score of 73% or better required for Certified status
- Typical sessions are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Designer Certification Registration Fee includes:
- All course materials, Shipped to student
- Two full days of classroom instruction, led by an IPC-qualified Instructor
- Exam session and individual consultation with Instructor
- Verification of Certified status — Visit www.ipc.org/List-of-Certified-Designers
There is NO need to purchase any documents separately
Cancellations for registrations will not be refunded once materials have shipped. Students may work with their training center to transfer to another session.
NOTE: Students who do not feel prepared to take the exam immediately after the classroom instruction may choose to test at a later date, but testing must be proctored at a training center.
Course session for your team
Course sessions may be customized to organization needs, but the minimum time required is two full days of classroom instruction plus one half day for the exam.
- Component requirements
- Assembly requirements
- Board fabrication
- Physical board characteristics
To discuss holding a CID or CID+ course session at your facility, contact a licensed training center.
Additional information on: Designer Certification — Course Materials, IPC Related Standards, Sample Exam
To learn more about how the IPC Designer Certification Program can help you and your organization, contact the IPC Certification team through the Certification Help Desk*.
* If this is your first time using the Certification Help Desk, you will be prompted to create an account. You must create an account to receive a response.