PCB Design for Rigid-Flex Boards
Virtual classes held Monday and Wednesday from 2:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m. ET
This course provides the skills necessary to effectively implement designs requiring flex and rigid-flex circuits in accordance with product requirements. The class also focuses on the impact of these designs on manufacturing and assembly techniques, documentation, and manufacturing file generation.
Taught by an IPC-certified industry expert with 25+ years of experience in the field, the six-week program utilizes interactive webinars, on-demand recorded class sessions, job-specific exercises, and team projects to facilitate mastery of the key concepts required to design flex and rigid-flex boards.
PCB Design for Flex & Rigid-Flex Boards This course is ideal for designers, engineers, technicians, and other individuals who want to develop the skills required to create flex and rigid-flex designs.
LEARNING AND PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
This program is designed to provide circuit board designers with a balanced foundation of theoretical knowledge and practical skills in flex/rigid-flex circuit board design.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Design flexible / rigid-flex board designs.
- Understand the trade-off of flexible PCB materials.
- Define a board stackup that implements flexible and rigid-flex structures.
- Import and / or define board outline geometry for complex flexible board shape.
- Understand and mitigate signal integrity issues with flexible circuits.
- Understand and define effects of mechanical retention on flexible substrates.
- Define and implement component packaging methodologies to mitigate effects of bending on component stresses.
- Understand and mitigate effects of bending stresses on conductive patterns in flexible circuits.