IPC Pens Letter to Trump Transition Team
December 14, 2016
On behalf of its members, IPC penned a letter to Vice President-elect Mike Pence the chairman of the transition team for the incoming Administration, to congratulate him and President-elect Trump on the election victory and highlight IPC's policy priorities over the next several years.
IPC's policy priorities are outlined in three broad categories: promoting a 21st century economy; driving technological innovation and advanced manufacturing; and advocating for smart regulation and environmental policy. Under each category, IPC identified specific policies that IPC supports and are very important to our members.
Those policies include:
- Lowering the corporate tax rate and promoting other tax incentives that stimulate business investment;
- International trade agreements to advance open and fair trade between countries;
- Promoting strong intellectual property protection and preventing counterfeit products in the supply chain;
- Regulatory reform to ensure greater public scrutiny and a balance among risks, costs and benefits based on the best available scientific research
- Immigration policies the enable companies to have access to highly-skilled workers;
- Workforce development initiatives, especially in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM); and
- Federal investment in basic and applied research and development.
We look forward to working with President-elect Trump and the Administration on these policy issues that are vital to our industry.