IPC-7351B IPC Calculator
IPC-7351B, Generic Requirements for Surface Mount Design and Land Pattern Standards, is supplemented by an IPC Calculator software tool The IPC Calculator has been developed by PCB Libraries, Inc., in partnership with IPC.
The IPC-7351B IPC Calculator allows users to view IPC approved land pattern (footprint) dimensional data in greater detail than ever before, providing graphical images that illustrate how a component is attached to the land pattern on the printed board.
The IPC-7351B Footprint Expert is based upon algorithms and engineering goals established in the IPC- 7351B standard. Purchase a copy of IPC-7351B online or contact IPC Order Entry at +1 847-597-2862. To learn more about the concepts provided in IPC-7351B, contact Nancy Jaster at NancyJaster@ipc.org.
Download the latest version of the IPC Calculator (zip file, 22MB)
IPC-7351B IPC Calculator Usage
The IPC-7351B IPC Calculator provides the following features:
- Calculate high resolution IPC-7351B & RoHS compliant land patterns (footprints) directly from component dimensions
- Dynamic support for Imperial and metric - easily convert between mil and metric units
- Pin rename & renumber
- User definable preferences or define and customize default rules
- Enter component dimensions using Nominal plus tolerance or Min/Max dimensions
- One-click rotate/mirror footprint, useful for rapid LGA/BGA design
- One-click pad shapes supported: Rectangle, Oblong, D-Shape, and Rounded Rectangle
- Toe, heel, & side solder-joint statistics
- Padstack editor
- Automate creation of component manufacturer recommended footprints
- Calculators for SMD, PTH and Connector component families
IPC-7351B IPC Calculator User Guide
Once installed, select the “Help” tool bar button located on the main interface screen and locate the web-link for the free On-line User Guide provided by PCB Libraries, Inc., that aids in familiarizing the user with the IPC-7351B FIPC Calculator.
IPC-7351B Enhanced Software Programs from PCB Libraries, Inc.
The IPC-7351B IPC Calculator is a software program that allows users to search and display land patterns (footprints) for standardized component families. The PCB Library Expert, a CAD Library tool developed by PCB Libraries,
is supported by a “Librarian” Option from PCB Libraries, Inc. that allows users to add and modify library documentation and to save component dimensions to a library file, as well as edits dozens of settings and batch-create multiple parts. For more information on the “Librarian” option, visit the main PCB Libraries webpage located at: http://www.pcblibraries.com/ (Note: You will no longer be on the IPC Website)